On behalf of everyone at Great Parks, thank you for your patience with our COVID-19 (coronavirus) closures this spring. I am so excited to announce that all of our lakes and boathouses are now open, and we can’t wait to see you again!
We are working daily to restart programming throughout parks. We now have the go ahead to resume our Bass Series and Rod Busting Series tournaments. They will look a little different, and we need your help with the following:
- Please do a self-health assessment before arriving for the tournament. If you have a temperature greater than 100.4 degrees, or any other signs of illness, then do not come.
- The number of guests allowed inside the boathouses at a given time will be limited. Please give yourself a few extra minutes.
- Please social distance from other competitors while prepping your boat before take-off. Keep 6 feet apart from fellow competitors and other park guests.
- When you arrive back at the dock at the end of the tournament, please stay at your boat with your fish. We will call teams to the trailer one at a time for weigh-in.
- We will not congregate at the weigh-in trailer for an awards ceremony. We will call the winning teams up individually.
- Please do your part to encourage social distancing while on the dock. The success of our first couple events is important in the continuation of the schedule this summer.
Tournaments are scheduled for the following dates. Please note the new location for the June 13 event. Tournaments that have been canceled year-to-date will not be rescheduled.
- Saturday, June 13: Miami Whitewater Forest, 7 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Sunday, July 26: Miami Whitewater Forest, 7 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Saturday, August 8: Winton Woods, 7 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Saturday, September 12: Miami Whitewater Forest, 7 a.m.–1 p.m.
Rod Busting Series
- Saturday, June 20: Miami Whitewater Forest, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Saturday, July 11: Miami Whitewater Forest, 6 p.m.–midnight
- Saturday, August 15: Lake Isabella, 8 p.m.–2 a.m.
- Saturday, September 26: Winton Woods, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24: Lake Isabella, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
For more park updates and helpful resources about COVID-19, click here.
Director of Guest Experiences, West Region