Join us every week for Fairy Garden Friday! We’ll share tips on how to create your own fairy garden from scratch, as well as ideas to add to the garden you already have!
Is your fairy garden missing that certain je ne sais quoi? Our resident craft wizard, Lindsey, shares ideas on how to build homes for fairies and other woodland creatures that may take residence in your garden.
- Milk carton
- Butter tub
- Soda bottle or toilet paper roll
- Hot glue gun
- Buttons, twigs, toothpicks, ice pop sticks, paint, pine needles, pine cones or other items for decoration
- ASK FIRST – Ask your parent or guardian before adding anything you found to your container.
- DON’T BE A HOMESTEALER – If you’re picking up anything outside for your fairy garden, make sure no other creature is using it as a home.
- KEEP THE BALANCE – Don’t pick any flower, leaves or any living thing for your container, and keep all of the objects smaller than the size of your fist.
- SHARE ALWAYS – The Earth is kind enough to let us use her resources for our garden, so don’t take advantage of them!